Raymond Leonard, 77
MCSO Photo 6-26-16
Mesa County Sheriff’s deputies arrested Raymond Leonard, 77, Saturday after a warrant was issued for his arrest.
Leonard is being charged with over 40 sex crimes stemming from alleged incidents involving two children spanning several years.
The older of the two children described the years-long abuse in detail.
The alleged incidents occurred in Clifton between 11/01/10 and 05/31/2016.
Leonard is facing the following charges:
- 1 count of 2nd Degree Kidnapping, a class 2 Felony
- 8 counts of Sexual Assault on a Child by One in a Position of Trust as Part of a Pattern of Abuse, a class 3 Felony
- 8 counts of Sexual Assault on a Child as Part of a Pattern of Abuse, a class 3 Felony
- 1 count of Sexual Assault (by Force), a class 3 Felony
- 1 count of Sexual Assault (Physically Helpless), a class 3 Felony
- 7 counts of Sexual Assault (Age Difference), a class 4 Felony
- 2 counts of Unlawful Sexual Contact, a class 4 Felony
- 8 counts of Habitual Sex Offender Against Children, a sentence enhancement
- 7 counts of Jessica’s Law, a sentence enhancement
- 2 counts of Crime of Violence, a sentence enhancement
Leonard was booked into the Mesa County Detention Facility and is being held on a No Bond Hold.
For updated bond amounts on any inmate currently in our jail, visit our Inmate Inquiry System webpage.